Finding Moses — What Scholars Know About The Exodus and The Jewish Law
Buy this course today and get lifetime access to eight 30-minute lessons from acclaimed Scholar and NYT Best-Selling Author Dr. Bart Ehrman
Riveting and controversial, the "FINDING MOSES" lecture series takes you on a deep dive into the stories of Moses, the exodus, the giving of the law on Mount Sinai, and their relevance for society today...
Was Moses a historical figure or are the stories about him completely legendary?
Exodus — fact or fiction? What does the evidence say?
Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy — who wrote the books that contain these stories...and when?
What do the 10 Commandments really mean? Where they only meant for Jews...or Christians too?
Enter your bullet points here..
The Book of Exodus still shapes the beliefs of billions, but is it based
- Is there any evidence the exodus actually happened? Do other ancient sources mention it? Have there been any archaeological discoveries?
- Is there any evidence that millions of Israelites “wandered in the wilderness” for forty years?
- Are the books Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy consistent with one another? Are there any contradictions...
- Was the ancient religion of Israel “legalistic”? Did Jews have to keep all the laws given to Moses in order to earn salvation?
- What do the Ten Commandments really mean? Are there some that are widely misunderstood today?
- Are the Ten Commandments only for Jews or for other people as well? Are Christians expected to keep them?
- How relevant are the laws of Scripture for society today? What about the law condemning homosexual relations? Or the one that forbids selling a daughter into slavery...
- Does the law of Moses indicate that wives are the property of their husbands?
- Did God really order the Israelites to destroy their enemies, including all the elderly, the women, and the children?
The retail price for a single, individual lecture with Dr. Ehrman costs $14.95. However, you can get the entire "Finding Moses" online course for $53.95. This includes lifetime online access to ALL 8 lectures plus two Q&A sessions, and bonus materials.
Registration Includes Lifetime Access to the 8-Lesson Online Course complete with:
- Eight 30-minute lectures by Dr. Bart Ehrman
- Discounts for additional courses in the "How Scholars Read the Bible" series
- Lesson overviews and questions for reflection
- Additional reading list to dive deeper
- Audio downloads for listening on the go