The Unknown Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Eight 30-minute lessons from Bible scholar, Dr. Bart Ehrman as an online course!
Lifetime access to the course, plus discounts on Dr. Ehrman's entire "How Scholars Read the Bible" series!
All of Our Stories About Jesus:
The New Testament Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John provide us with virtually all our knowledge of what Jesus said and did.
- His birth in Bethlehem to the Virgin Mary
- His baptism by John the Baptist
- His miracles of healing and casting out demons
- His Sermon on the Mount
- All His parables
- His triumphal entry and Last Supper
- His trial and crucifixion
- His resurrection on the third day
The historian wants to know: Can we corroborate these accounts? Are they historically reliable? Are some of them based on myth and legend?
- How do historians understand the New Testament Gospels differently from most lay readers, Christian or non-Christian?
- Are the Gospels theologically insightful narratives? Historically accurate accounts? Both? Neither?
- Were they written by eyewitnesses, or at least based on eyewitness testimony?
- How do we explain their vast similarities and differences?
- How can we know when they were written?
- When and why did scholars begin to question their historical value?
- Were the stories they tell changed, or even invented, as they circulated by word of mouth over the years?
- Wouldn’t surviving eyewitnesses correct inaccuracies in the Gospels?
- Don’t oral cultures strive to preserve their traditions accurately?
- Did the Gospel authors care what really happened?
- Would Christian authors intentionally make up stories?
- Can there be true stories that never happened?
SPECIAL BUNDLE PRICING! $53.95
The retail price of a single lesson, 30-minute course by Dr. Ehrman is $14.95 which values an 8-lecture course at nearly $120. However, when you buy "The Unknown Gospels," you'll receive a bundle price of only $53.95. Included in the price is lifetime access to "The Unknown Gospels" course including ALL eight lectures, two Q&A sessions, and bonus materials.
Registration Includes Lifetime Access to the 8-Lesson Online Course complete with:
- Eight 30-minute lectures by Dr. Bart Ehrman
- Discounts for additional courses in the "How Scholars Read the Bible" series
- Lesson overviews and questions for reflection
- Additional reading list to dive deeper
- Audio downloads for listening on the go